Wednesday 24 April 2013

more flea market fancy blocks

march-sisters-ten-BOM-1

I'm almost caught up on the Sisters' Ten BOM, only April to do and I had to hold off on them as I needed more kona white. I am kidding myself that this quilt won't really cost me much to make as I already had the FMF stashed but of course I still need to buy background/sashing and as usual I've totally not counted in backing fabric...

Anyway here are the blocks for March made from a block called School Girl's Puzzle. I'm not really that sold on the pink fabric, a bit too sugary for me but I'm going with it anyway.

march-sisters-ten-BOM-2

April's block is Lady of the Lake and there are loads of hsts to be made so I think I'll be trying out the Thangles that I bought ages ago from M is for Make. Lots of folks were raving about them at the time but I put them in a safe place and yes you guessed it I then couldn't find them! I discovered them again the other day so I reckon I'd better use them before they go into hiding again.

Bye for now
post signature


3 comments:

Anna said...

Lovely blocks. Glad you found your thangles!

Crafted by Carly said...

I always look forward to your block posts, Nikki! You're so good at putting fabrics and colours together - and I love how you use white patches to break things up! :-)
Carly
x

Katy Cameron said...

Looking good! I never think to account for background fabric and the like!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...