Tuesday 12 July 2011

messenger bag

keyka lou messenger bag

I made this messenger bag from the Keyka Lou Messenger Bag PDF for my daughter to give as a birthday present a few weeks ago. I had planned on making a trial run first but as usual I left it too late. I just had to go for it with the final version, keeping my fingers crossed (not recommended while sewing of course, can make the machine hard to operate) it came out ok. Apart from an inability to cut out a rectangle the specified size (duh!) it went pretty well.


inside messenger bag

The front fabric is My Folklore Horses in natural by Lecien from M is for Make, the lining is Kona Cotton in Stone from Simply Solids and the cord I've had in my stash for quite some time. I made my first ever bag from this cord and it's almost all done now. I'll need to scout around and get some more this colour as it's a brilliant background for setting off other fabrics much the same as the Kona Stone. While previewing this post I realised that I do seem to be going through a grey/beige and red thing at the moment.


close up of messenger bag

I'm now frying my brain trying to decide what to make for my shop. I'm not sure I'm cut out for running a business (no matter how small) as I'm the worlds most indecisive person. In fact if indecisiveness and procrastination were sports I would finally have found an area in which I could truely excel. I find that making, just one more cup of tea, seems to be a great avoidance tactic for most things including making any kind of decision at all.

How are your sewing plans going? Are you a list maker or do you just go with the flow? I'm a bit of both which means I write a list and then ignore it. Somehow writing the list seems to make me think the jobs are as good as done - deluded or overly optimistic? Also just how many cups of tea a day is too many do you think?

Well after all those questions I'm now off to see if I can wake up a napping 4 year old as I really do want him to go to sleep tonight at a decent time unlike last night, wish me luck.

bye for now

post signature

5 comments:

Tutinella said...

The bag turned out just awesome! The fabric in Dala horses is like icing on a cake - just perfect. I bought this pattern some time ago but never had time to use it... yet I hope I'll be better in planning my sewing schedule :) I usually write in my calendar what I have to sew, everything has to be changed :) You are a perfectionist when it comes to your sewing projects, so you really should start the shop asap. Bags and cosmetic bags are always 'in' :)

Carolyn said...

Such a cute bag! I love how "substantial" it looks (not all floppy like my bags come out sometimes!)

Debby said...

This is a fabulous project Nikki! Love the colours, love the design, love all the pockets too! Make these for the shop!

Jill V. said...

So did you add extra interfacing or did you just go with what the pattern suggested? I like bags to stand on their own. Looks like you did a fantastic job!

Kim @ craftyNHmom said...

I love that messenger bag!! I would be tempted to keep that for myself. Great job. Love the colors and design!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...